Thursday, August 4, 2011

Texas Electricity Provider Decision

In Los Angeles, there was only one electricity provider (SoCal Edison), unless you had your own solar panels or wind turbines.

In Dallas, there are many, many electricity providers, and it's very intimidating to try and figure it all out.  Even people who live here seem confused and intimidated by it all.  The best answer I can get from most people I've asked is, "I don't know, I use Power Company X".  I'm moving into my apartment next week, and wanted to get the whole electricity thing figured out beforehand so that I would actually have electricity in my apartment when I moved in.

One nice thing about having so many companies to choose from is that you can pick a plan that is sourced from renewable energy sources, which I think is nice and modern.  I don't ever remember having that option with SoCal Edison when I was a customer of theirs. I ended up picking a 100% Green, 12-month fixed-rate plan through Bounce Energy.  They weren't the cheapest but had really good reviews on their customer service and rewards plan.

I was tempted to go with Veteran Energy, but their website had issues (in that I couldn't view any plans for my address).

There are quite a few sites out there which compare all the different electricity provider option, and two in particular helped me make my decision.  In the end it wasn't as stressful as it seemed originally.

Power to Choose
Texas Electricity Ratings

No comments:

Post a Comment