Thursday, August 18, 2011

Car Inspection

OK, today is a rough day (I'm having a lot of those lately).

I got my car inspected today, which seemed painless enough, except the place I went to had a really pushy mechanic who coerced me into buying a $100 car battery that I didn't need, then proceeded to try to convince me to get an oil change (I declined) and then a dude in the lobby tried to get me to buy windshield repair from him (for a barely visible chip in the windshield).  That whole experience left me drained and cranky.  But I have the paperwork for step 2, so I just have to make sure I don't misplace or lose any of that.  I'm also sporting a new sticker on the windshield.

Just so you all know, the place I went to was Kwik Kar (a Jiffy Lube kind of place) on Greenville Ave. just south of the 635.  Don't go there.

Go to this place instead (all this guy does is inspections, and it sounds like he won't try to rip you off either):
Quix State Inspection

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a racket. If the state is going to require an inspection then they ought to do the inspecting and have it regulated. That's the problem with privatizing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, they probably would fail my car based solely on the windshield then! I just paid 26.50 to get my rock chip fixed. They guaranteed it won't run for a year, and it does look better than before, but I can still see it. I'm skeptical. I think I'll just have to buy a new windshield.

    ReplyDelete