Monday, August 8, 2011

Detour Review: La Me

Dallas has bahn mi.  I think I might be OK here.  Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually.

Bahn mi was one of those treats I would get for myself whenever I was out in Alhambra (which was rarely), and for whatever reason I always missed the Nom Nom truck whenever it was near my office during lunchtime.  But it was totally worth it.  BBQ pork, shredded carrots, sliced jalapenos, radish pickles and cilantro all wrapped up in a crispy french baguette made with rice & wheat flour.  Inexpensive deliciousness at its best.  The sort of thing I would crave for months before I would convince myself I really needed to drive an hour to have.

How lucky is it that I can have bahn mi whenever I want now that I'm in Dallas and have found a great little restaurant not too far from the new office?  Sweet!  Not to mention the people who work there are incredibly sweet and the bahn mi is delicious.  They even add cucumber in their bahn mi for an extra little crunch.

Delicious.  :)

La Me
9780 Walnut (keep going East on Walnut when the GPS tells you to stop)
Richardson, TX 75243
(972)-669-8515

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've found something that makes Dallas feel a little bit more like home. :)

    ReplyDelete