Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Detour Review: Sushi Sake

Who would have thought there would be a good sushi restaurant in this land-locked town?

Anyway, I've been to this place twice, and the food is fantastic.  It's very Japanese without being kitschish.  The greeters, waitresses and chefs are friendly and accommodating.  I chatted up the sushi chef at the bar once, and watched him put together two matching Nama-chirashi boxes.  Absolutely beautiful!

I recommend getting the Spanish Mackerel sashimi.  They bring it out tossed in a light dressing; after you gobble that up they will ask if you want the rest of it (the skeleton, fins, and remaining meat on the fish, which until this point is a garnish) deep fat fried - say yes.  It's fantastic, and about as Japanese as you can get.

One new thing I tried here was sea urchin sushi.  Its fatty butteryness is a new favorite.

I've heard from several other people that this is the best sushi restaurant in town, so I'm glad I didn't have to look far and wide for my sushi fix.  They have tempura, teriyaki, and other standard Japanese fare if you don't like raw fish.

Sushi-Sake Japanese Restaurant
2150 N Collins Blvd
Richardson, TX 75080
(972) 470-0722

No comments:

Post a Comment