Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Car, The Dog, and The Law

I am not having a good track record with the po-lice today.

First of all I get pulled over for speeding on my way to my 2nd work site today.  OK, yes, I was speeding, but so was pretty much everyone else.  Going the speed limit on that road would force you to be going at least 10-15 mph slower than the flow of traffic.  At least he wasn't a huge jerk about my not having a TX driver's license yet, and didn't cite me for that.  He did give me a citation for the speeding though, which I suspect is going to cost me.

Secondly, I was taking a walk with the dog this afternoon, when some dude wearing civilian clothes in the complex courtyard flashes his badge at me and asks how long I had been out walking my dog and if I heard a gunshot recently.  Why Officer, I have been out here for around 20 minutes and no, I did not hear a gun shot recently.  "Well I did and I already called for back up" he says as he storms off.

Walking away, I realize I did hear something that could have vaguely been mistaken for a gunshot: some dude was beating a couch cushion into dust-less submission on his balcony.  It didn't sound like a gun shot to me at the time even though it made both me and the dog look around.  I have heard gun shots in the neighborhood before and this didn't sound like it.  Hmm.

Do I go back and point out to this cop with an attitude/power-trip/disadvantaged-height-complex that he just may have mis-heard what he thought was a gun shot?

No.  No I do not.  I've had more than my yearly dose of talking to the police, and I really don't want to talk to them no more.

Why You Should Never Talk To The Police

1 comment:

  1. Wow, interesting day, Diane! I'd be feeling all shaken up with two encounters. And you made the right choice by not going back to tell him about the couch cushions....

    ReplyDelete