Thursday, September 1, 2011

Homesick

I get homesick every now and then.  But when I went to visit home last weekend it didn't feel like home anymore.  I guess you can never go back.

Some days are better than others.  Today was not one of those days.  I don't know if it's the heat that's making me so short tempered, but I really cannot stand the arrogant, self-absorbed jerks who drive like maniacs around here.  I theorize the difference between the Dallas self-absorbed jerk and the Los Angeles self-absorbed jerk is that the Angeleno knows how big his/her car is (usually) and the Dallasite (not sure what residents of Dallas call themselves, but Dallasite is kind of like parasite) thinks his/her gigantic SUV is half the size it is.

Between that and the people who think that the economy is Obama's fault or that a Smart car isn't "smart" because they had a 1980-whatever Honda civic that could get 40 mpg make me feel like this entire city is filled with ignorant, arrogant, mouth breathing goons.
 
I'm irritated that you have to have three (3!!!) huge stickers on your windshield to have your car considered registered/toll tagged.  No wonder the drivers here can't drive; they can't even see out the window.

I'm tired of never fitting in no matter where I go.  At least I felt comfortable in LA.

Even the airport doesn't give me a break.  DFW Airport is what happens when you realize the nightmare that is an Escher drawing in concrete.  Good luck trying to escape.

3 comments:

  1. Home is supposed to be where the heart is. My heart is in Washington. I never feel at home and I'm always homesick. I get your pain.

    ((HUG))

    I hope you're safe. I just saw on the news about the forest fires around all of Texas and into Dallas itself.. I'll pray you are somewhere safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some of the people who drive giant SUVs and trucks here. The other day I was driving to work in the morning and it would have been a really nice drive along the river with the fresh morning air but I had to follow a super duty pickup spewing out diesel fumes the whole way. Just one guy driving to work in a giant truck polluting the morning air.

    ReplyDelete